“We Provide that education by which character is formed, Strength of mind is increased, the intellect is expanded, and by which, one can stand on one’s own feet”
An Education without Barriers….
Since our founding in January 2013, The Al Muntazir Special Educational Needs has been solely devoted to provide holistic care for children with special needs. Through providing the opportunity for all children to flourish, improving their ability to learn, achieve their full potential and help them succeed in their pursuits.
Our goal is to change the future and create an environment that is healthy, encouraging, supportive and above all, loving where children will inculcate essential skills to be independent, productive and lead a meaningful life within the limitations imposed by their disability.
We facilitate in educating children age 3-16 with Learning Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Dyslexia, Down syndrome, Cerebral Palsy and many more. These children need to be recognized and embraced with their uniqueness where they can overcome their challenges in a warm and fun environment.
Seeing Differences as Strengths…
Our commitment is captured in the values that guide us. We help create a confident child, trust the inner working of every mind; young and old and honor each learner with respect and dignity, as each one has a different style and pace of learning
We also strive in building long lasting relationships with our students, parents and associates and are sensitive to their concerns and work together to earn their trust.
“We believe that all children with the proper learning and therapy will have the opportunities to achieve personal dreams and goals.”
Among all the autistic and special needs centers in Dar-es-salaam, the Al Muntazir Special Educational Needs has the most required facilities for a special needs child to facilitate development and learning.
Every student here has a designated learning specialist. We teach specific strategies, either one-on-one or in small groups according to their strengths and weakness, which facilitate teacher interaction and enhance the academic curriculum. Once mastered, these can be applied across a variety of course disciplines. This means that our students learn to use tools and techniques which allow them to grow in confidence and become independent learners. We employ strategies and practices that both support and empower our students.
• Our well furnished classrooms have a comfortable environment and are conducive for learning and playing.
• A spacious and very well resourced Occupational Therapy Gym where students receive sensory integration and therapies which help them perform other tasks with ease. Effective occupational therapy enables children with Autism and Learning Disabilities to take part in all childhood activities such as playing with friends, school, eating meals, dressing and sleeping.
• The library has a variety of reading material which helps improve the students’ perception and communication.
• A swimming pool within our campus, where the students receive Aqua therapy from trained staff and perform other water games.
• Our well equipped playground provides a wide range of activities outdoor that help children to move beyond autism’s self-absorption into real, shared interaction. It also allows youngsters to explore their feelings, their environment, and their relationships with peers under supervision of our teachers.
• The Tactile Area has a different number of activities which are performed to desensitize the tactile-sensitive children.
Therapies are provided alongside and within the curriculum, creating a multi-disciplinary approach to learning. Most experts agree a therapy should begin as young as possible, tailored to the specific needs of the child and reevaluated as the child develops.
At Al Muntazir Special Education Needs Center, we provide therapies that are effective to children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down syndrome, Cerebral Palsy and other Learning Disabilities, keeping in mind, every child is unique. With the right therapies, and a lot of love and support, these children can learn, grow and thrive.